Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sewing Day With Grandma!

Every week I am going to have a sewing day with my grandma. She is an amazing sewer! After finishing Adelaide's fairy dress, I decided to make a patchwork quilt cover. However the prep takes so long! As I am making it for my double bed, we had to cut out around 80 squares! It took ages as you can probably imagine. But now I am ready to sew all the patches together which shouldn't take too long. Not holding my breath though;) 
There was no point getting the sewing machine out, but we had some spare time, so grandma taught me how to do a chain stitch which is useful for embroidery writing or making pretty flowers. Its quite a simple stitch and I think I've got the hang of it. Will post a picture tomorrow of my patchwork 'blanket'(which at the moment is a bunch of squares in a bag!) 

1 comment:

  1. so where are the piccies?! love your bfwsfx

    ReplyDelete