Thursday 14 November 2013

Review.

WOW! I haven't posted for a month! Sorry! Today I have been busy writing a review for a show I went to see last weekend. Here you go;
Cirque Du Soleil
           On the 9th of November, I attended Cirque Du Soleil, Algeria. I went with my grandma when they performed at the Capital FM arena in Nottingham.
          Cirque Du Soleil have many different stage routines, Alegria, Totem and many more. Alegria, which is the show I saw, is classed as a contemporary circus. They have lots of different small performances in the show. They had trapeze artists, fire breathers, contortionists, clowns etc.
         I chose to go to this event because they are a very famous group of performers and it’s probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.
        The things I found the best were the trapeze artists, although they had safety ropes, it was still fascinating how they managed to do it. I love all the fast dynamics. Also, I found the clowns really amusing. There were 3 clowns altogether and they made some very simple routines, with no speech just noises, into really funny acts. My favourite was one about a paper aeroplane. I mean who would think you could make a good; laugh out loud stage show with a piece of paper?
         On the other hand, there wasn’t anything I strongly didn’t like however I did think the 2 girls contortionists act went on for too long but that’s probably because I prefer quick, dramatic things rather than slow, still acts.
        The show that I visited was at 4pm so it was full of mainly 40+ however I heard the later show was mainly 40 and below. Personally I would recommend it to anyone above the age of 10 because it has things for all ages to enjoy.
The next event I want to go and see is a concert! Again, at capital FM arena but this time, Jake Bugg is performing in February!

Cirque du Soleil, Reviewed by Izzie Shier

November 14th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment